Sep 7, 2009

Seth and the RED HOT CHILI PEPPER

At church people bring the "extras" from their garden to share with others by leaving them in the kitchen.
Well, last Sunday Seth picked up a really red pepper and told me he was going to eat it. I told him okay, if you want to. He came home washed it off as well as his hands and bit into it. We were both standing by the sink I looked over at him and at first his teeth didn't break it. So he bit harder. All of the sudden his face turned scarlet red, he looked up at me and said quite quickly "I need a glass of water!" I said okay, I think milk would be better. So he grabbed a cup faster than I could and drank a lot of water, I said I'll get the milk when he grabbed the biggest cup we had and said fill it up. He got a little bit of milk, and downed it quick. He felt better, then he held up the pepper to the tip of his tongue just barely touching the end and immediately his face went red again. He drank a ton more milk. He also ate some yogurt and after that said "I feel so much better". He asked what to do with that red hot pepper and I said, well, throw it away! I'm not eating it! I wonder if Seth will venture on really hot things again. I bet he does. He is adventurous.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Great story! You're brave, Seth. I don't think I've ever tried a red hot chili pepper. . .

Jill said...

Hi! My Dad paid Emma and Lauren $5 each to eat a jalapeno this weekend. They did it, but they also downed a lot of milk!

Ryan and Andrea said...

That is hysterical! Way to go Seth for being adventerous!!

aziz ettobi said...

That's crazy, but people should warn others about the heat of the peppers they give away. Sometimes just cooking with them or them touching your skin could do real dameage, especially to a young person! Glad he's o.k.. By the way, We only give away zucchinis, tomatoes, and cucumbers. They're all safe! :)