Sep 7, 2011
Spencer party and baptism
I haven't been too busy or anything to update our blog...just incredibly busy! Life is an ongoing adjustment. To start off where the blog ends, Spencer had a great birthday party. He invited a couple of friends over and we had a swim party. He really wanted to go rock climbing, but that didn't work out. (we forgot about permission slips. Ooops!)
He on the way home helped two of his friends settle a disagreement and let them both know that he liked them both and that he wanted them to get along and just be kind to eachother so that they could all be friends. As I was driving and hearing this conversation, I tried not to interupt but to see how it would turn out. Everything turned out great. Spencer has a big huge heart. Even though he may tease like no ones business, he can sure help his friends and others know that he still loves them and cares about them and set everything right. What a great talent!
Spencer a week later was baptized by his dad! He has been waiting for years for this, ever since Seth was. He is not that serious of a kid, he loves to laugh and have fun, but he made sure that the speakers (his Uncle Ryan and Grandpa Murri) and Brother Christensen (his adult best friend he told us) know that it was a serious event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved hearing how Spencer told both his friends that he likes them. Isn't it awesome when you get to hear conversations like that?!
That's a great Spencer story! Those are the kinds of things that we don't always make record of but really should. I'm glad you have.
Post a Comment