Jul 19, 2013

Guatemala tour to Tikal

We woke up super early to get a ride to the airport to ride a small plane to Tikal. That plane held about 28 passengers. (around that much)
We rode about 45 min to the next airport where a bus/tourist van picked us up with all the others going to their too and rode on that for a while. It was considerably more humid there than even Guatemala city I thought. Maybe it was also because I wasn't feeling well too...when we got there we saw some leaf cutting ants on the sidewalk by the bus.
They have a tree that is termed "the Tree of life" it starts out as a sapling with thorns or spikes on it. When it grows up it looses the spikes and has lots of branches. it is a beautiful tree that is very large as well. I will let Derek get on and write more about it like I said I wasn't feeling well so I have lots of missing information from this part of our trip. I will load pictures for this part and let him explain I do remember that Spencer was running up and down some of the temples and pyramids. The stairs were steep and tall. We all really liked Tikal even though I left my dna there.

No comments: