Sep 12, 2008

The Iorn Giant


Spencer is in love with the Iron Giant. I don't know how many of you know about this movie that was made in 1999, but it is a really cute movie of a gigantic robot that comes to earth and befriends a boy named Hogarth. Spencer loves robots and wanted an Iron Giant so bad! We looked up all over the web and apparently they don't make this product anymore because it didn't do as well at the release of the movie as expected, so I decided it would be easier to make one then to buy one off ebay for loads of money. It was harder than I thought, and took longer than I thought, as well as I didn't use much of a pattern just a couple of pictures of the Iron giant. I am so glad he loves this toy and that I am finally done making it! I posted a picture of the actual one so you could see what it really looks like. You should check out the movie though, it really is a good one!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are amazing! I think it looks great. We have never seen that movie, and will have to check it out.

Erin said...

I put it on hold at the library (the tape, since you said the DVD had scratches. I hope the tape is better), but still haven't gotten it. The Iron Giant looks awesome. You are so talented!

Erin said...

I finally watched it while Nathan was at the Priesthood session. It was great!