Aug 8, 2009
Yellowstone National Park
This past June, (yes we are behind) went to Yellowstone! It was great! Seth got his own camera for his birthday from his Grandparents, so he took most of the pictures! We saw so many buffalo. I think the every buffalo in the park. We also saw a grizzly bear! We saw lots of cars parked off to the side of the road, we pulled off and Derek went to check it out, he came back saying that there was a bear out there. The kids and I got out and ran over to see. There was a park ranger there with is telescope to show everyone. I think the bear was a good few hundred yards from us. He got up and looked at us though! It was great! I think I was the most excited. When I was a kid, we would die to see a bear, and never did until now! Yea!!! The first geyser that we looked at, the kids had a blast running through the rotten egg smelling steam. It was pretty thick in some places. The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone was very majestic. It was amazing to see and hear. We were only there for two days, and saw the whole thing, some parts more than once. I think the kids really had a good time. The weather was great, not to hot and wonderfully cool. Spencer got himself a coon skin cap. You can see it in some of the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How exciting to see a bear! Marc says that he always wanted a coon skin cap, so he is jealous that Spencer got one.
Just found your blog! We love Yellowstone it's one of our all time favorite places to go for vacation. Glad you got to see a bear, we've seen bears a few times we've been, but are waiting to see our first wolves..
Post a Comment