Feb 5, 2010

NEWS

Okay, so I missed writing about Christmas and New Years.... They were GREAT! All except for the part that we all the stomach flu. We went to Houston, Texas and had a way fun family reunion on the beach.

I am not sure how to tell any one person in particular this news, because I think I will cry. We are way excited but sad also to leave the place we have lived for for the past 6 1/2 years. We have made wonderful friends here and had so many events happen here. The Jayhawks fight song will always be embedded in our kids memories!

Yes, you guessed it, we are moving! Derek accepted a new job in Colorado. He leaves to start work in 3 weeks from now, the kids and I stay until the house sells, or 1 or 2 months! (Which ever comes first.)

We, like I said, are really excited and look forward to the new adventure, but we really wish to keep all the friendships we have made here!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Congrats! This is exciting for you guys. And sad. But not as sad for us since we're already gone. :) Good luck with selling the house and the big move. What part of Colorado?

Erin said...

We just told our kids via a family prayer in which I prayed for your family as you prepare for you move. The kids were a bit shocked and I explained that you were moving to Denver. Ethan took it pretty hard and started crying. It was so sweet. I feel like doing the same thing, but I am happy for your family.

Amy said...

We are so excited for you guys. I hope things go smoothly over the next few months. Get on chat on Sunday, I would love to talk more about your plans.

Linda said...

It's good news for us--we'll love having you nearby again! Hope everything goes well with selling your house. Call/email us so we can get together when you're here or we can have Derek over.

House of Hullinger said...

You are going to love Denver. I miss living there. There is so much to do. I am glad you will be so much closer. I actually make it over there from time to time.

Harmoni Osborn said...

Congratulations!! How exciting to have a new job! We too miss our KS home and friends!!! Wonderful memories you guys placed in our hearts!! Good luck w/ everything!!

The Wright Spot said...

I feel your pain Natalie! The people in Lawrence (the ward), really make it hard to leave! I still miss all our friends there (you included)!
I am excited for you and your new adventure. Colorado is beautiful, especially Denver area. Good luck and I will be checking your blog for more updates!

Bradshaw said...

Update, Update, we want an Update!!! OK... I am one to talk, I haven't updated my blog for 6 months!! I hope you are doing well, can't wait to hear about the new area!
Susan

House of Hullinger said...

WHERE ARE YOU?