Nov 4, 2011

Halloween 2011

This Halloween we tried to get everyone on board for the Wizard of Oz theme. I made costumes for Maggie to be Glinda the good witch and Charlotte who was Dorothy, (no dog though). Derek was the scarecrow, Derek's mom was the Lion, and I was the bad witch. Seth was Beaker again as well as "the Doctor" from Dr. Who. Spencer was Harry Potter. It was a lot of fun. I took the Spencer out for trick or treating and just happened upon Seth with his friend Jacob. Spencer wanted to run around with them so I followed too. His friend only had bare feet for his costume. We went around for almost 2 hours. They are pretty funny boys. Lots of clever comments! They called Seth's friend their own hurt hobbit. Here is a picture from the ward trunk-or-treat night. Also of the "BIG" Dorothy with the girls from Derek's work. Maggie was so excited to see that the 4th floor of Dad's work had decorated as the wizard of oz! She loves it there. One funny thing, Charlotte is terrified of animals. So when Grandma put on her makeup as a lion and puffed out her hair, then growled, Charlotte was pretty scared of her. Then when we got to the trunk-or-treat, it took like 2 cars for her to get into it and she wasn't afraid of anyone. She only wanted that candy in her basket! She pulled Grandma to every car after that!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the Wizard of Oz theme! I have tried to get my kids to do that one with no luck. They are all so cute. You did a great job on the costumes. Ethan has been reading Harry Potter lately and loving it.

Kristi said...

How fun! You guys look great! Nice job on the costumes. The girls are so cute!