Yesterday Maggie was officially 3 months old! To celebrate, we found out she has RSV. She didn't (luckily) have to stay at the hospital. I guess the doc there figured that we could help her most at home. I am thankful for that. She is so sad sounding, she coughs, and her voice is gone from all the mucus so she whimpers when she cries. She looks up at me almost like a plea for help. It is so sad! She will get better though, we are keeping close tabs with her doctor and we have been doing all they ask. We really don't go to many places, but it looks like we will be staying for sure now until this passes.
I found out she is 9lbs 7oz today, Saturday she was 9 15 but the doc said that the scales might just be a little off of each other. She finally smiled at me the biggest smile ever yesterday! Yea! This is my favorite time when they learn to smile. Now I can't wait for her to laugh, we just have to get rid of this virus before I think she will feel like laughing.
Anyway, Seth on Friday was able to go with a friend to a Engineering (fair?) at the University here. He came home telling us all about the bubbles you can hold and the huge tic-tack-toe that they were able to play from a computer, and a lot of other fun things too. Him and his friend answered a question right and got a sweatshirt! He wore it all day! It could fit me!.
Also, Sat was Seth's pinewood derby, it was fun to watch all the kids race the cars they worked so hard on. You could tell as always, the ones that the kids really did work on. Seth stuck a Lego guy on the top of his! Spencer made one also and raced his at the end of them. He can't wait to be eight and be in cub scouts and get baptized. That is one thing he prays for all the time. I tell him, don't grow up to fast!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry she has RSV, hopefully she will get better soon. She is so adorable, girls are so fun to dress...enjoy!
Susan
I hope Maggie gets better soon. Let me know if I can get you some groceries or something.
I'm so sorry that Maggie is sick! Our (mutual) insurance company will pay for a suction device if you think that'd be helpful. I know it's been a godsend with Evie.
LMK if you need anything--I likewise could make a run to the store or have the boys over to play for a few hours.
Post a Comment