Aug 22, 2010

Our zoo and camping trip






For Derek's work, they took everyone to the zoo! So, the whole company brought their family to the zoo here and everyone else in the zoo left! It was great! We had the whole zoo to ourselves and they put on a animal show for us, fed us dinner and left the train and carousel on for rides for free! Maggie absolutely loved the carousel ride. She begged to go on. The animals were fun to see. It is interesting though, I really miss the Topeka zoo. I like how it is smaller and you can see the animals fairly close up! The lion as we were leaving was roaring, it was a good end to the zoo.

We as a family took off into the Rocky Mountain National Park for some camping. We didn't actually end up camping in the park, we were just outside of it next to a really big lake. I don't remember the name or I would share it! We camped for 2 nights. It rained both nights. The last night, it stopped before we went to bed and we saw all the stars. Spencer and I saw several shooting stars! Some funny things, we had a fun time trying to get our fire to light. It turned into a big joke when we gave up after like an hour trying to light it, and used the camp stove. When we just sat down to eat, we looked over to a roaring fire! We laughed and Seth said, humm... I want another hot dog!
We went hiking and fishing also.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I have never heard a lion roar! How exciting. I have also never had the whole zoo to myself. What an awesome day. I can't believe how much Maggie has grown up. We miss you guys!

Nancy said...

I can't believe how big Maggie is!! And I think having the zoo for an event like this would be so fun.