This year Spencer had the hardest time picking a costume out for sure, until a friend of Seth's gave us a Jedi costume that we used for Luke Skywalker. He was happy to be Luke! He really wanted to be about 10 other things, almost all of them having to do with Star Wars. He had been counting down for like 3 months or more for that night.
Seth came up with his own costume. He wanted to be a robot, and make up the snap circuits to beep and light up. He said that at school some kids thought he was a bomb, but he would correct them and tell them he was a robot. I was impressed that he came up with this costume himself. We went up to the Truck or Treat and then home to go around the neighborhood. Oh, I almost forgot, Derek was a football fan!
Spencer that night I guess decided that he was done trick or treating and took off for home without telling Derek, I was home passing out the candy when he came running in. I said, oh, where is Dad and Seth, he says, they are out there still. Does he know you came home? I think so, Okay!
A few min. later, Derek came in the door huffing, is Spencer here? Yes, I said, did you not know that he came home? No! I leaned down to help Seth with something and looked up and he was gone. Needless to say, Spencer has a problem with just going where he wants and not telling anyone. It reminds me of my older brother taking off when he was a little kid on his own to see the toys at the store. Silly kid! Here is a fun picture of them all.
1 comment:
There costumes are so cute. I am sure glad Spencer knew his way home. What kid bails out on trick-or-treating? That must have really scared Derek.
Post a Comment