Nov 30, 2008

The Fam



The boys finally got to visit Maggie, well, actually they did before for like 15 seconds. We didn't have the camera either. This time they got a picture with her. It is nice that they can come back and visit, with major hand washing and a mask!
The picture above didn't look blurry until I put it on, but I like it because of her hand. I love to see how tiny and perfect they are. I think it is so amazing to see her and all the other kiddos in the NICU and how small they are. It is amazing to me how they develop and grow so much. I met 2 people today who have babies in the NICU. One of them is a little boy born at 23 weeks. He was 1 lb. Now, 9 weeks later he is the same size as Maggie. His mom told me how his skin was transparent when he was born, and he has even gone through a major heart surgery last month. She drives an hour each day and leaves her 4 year old at home with her mom. She said she has never missed a day. I thought that was amazing also. She said it has been neat to see him grow and develop literally before her eyes. The other was a man who 2 weeks ago, his wife gave birth to twin boys at 20 something weeks also. I can't remember exactly. His boys are doing great also. They talked about all the stuff that is going on with them, I am so grateful again for the second time for the inspiration of modern medicine. The first with Seth and his surgery, and now with Maggie. I feel so blessed to live in this time.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Modern medicine is so amazing. I'm glad Maggie is doing well. You have such a cute family. By the way Natalie, you look great!

Erin said...

I am so glad you can hold her and the boys can visit. She is just adorable. What a miracle that those other babies in the NICU can progress like that. It is amazing. So glad that Maggie is getting back to birthweight. A week is very quick!